Saturday, October 11, 2008

Colorado Fall Colors

The last weekend in September found me itching for a good motorcycle ride. A quick e-mail to Clay Jones in Colorado Springs set the plan in motion.
I left Saturday morning and headed for Durango, Colorado. I went north/east through Payson and Heber to Holbrook where I picked up I-40 east to Gallup, NM. From there I cut north to Shiprock, NM, east to Farmington, NM and then north to Durango.

It was a nice ride even with the rain I encountered between Holbrook and Durango.

I met up with Clay at the motel in Durango. We went across the street to one of my favorite places to eat in Durango, Serious Texas BBQ. A long day on the road, a nice dinner, and it was time to call it a night.
Sunday was spent riding through some gorgeous scenery. We headed north out of Durango and made stops in Silverton and Ouray. From there were continued to Ridgeway, turned right and looped around to Telluride. From Telluride we headed back south over Lizard Head Pass through Rico and Delores and finally back to our base in Durango.Monday morning we bid each other farewell and headed back to our own areas of the world. I headed west out of Durango and went through the Four Corners area, across the Navajo Reservation to Flagstaff and then headed south to home.All I can say is four wheels move the body; two wheels move the soul. To see the rest of the pictures copy and paste the following link into your web browser:
http://azblu.smugmug.com/gallery/6082185_uq4Qc#383415441_4qWzw

2 comments:

Linde said...

What a great ride! Loved reading about Stewart and his baptism also!!

Linde

As the World "Kerns" said...

Once again, I AM JEALOUS!!!! Gorgeous pictures. Not that I'm going to ever get to take a trip like that on two wheels, but I'd love to go see all those places just the same, in a touring car probably when my kids have grown which would make me in my 60's...geez, so glad you just do it and take pictures and share...Nice to read about your son's!!! Hope all is well with your family.

Nez